Look—a Frequently Asked Questions page is included in the site architecture! This will be a great place to give information and answer questions for users. Let’s go! FAQ away!
But hold your questions for a minute. Is an FAQ really a necessary part of your site?
An FAQ section is necessary if it:
- Educates users about service or product
- Keeps users engaged with site
- Gages effectiveness of content
An FAQ section isn’t necessary if it:
- Act as a substitute for clear, useful content
- Doesn’t add value because questions aren’t real or aren’t asked
If content clearly tells users everything they need to know, an FAQ doesn’t need to happen. If your organization is asked the same questions over and over—it might be a sign to adjust your site content, not add to your list of frequently asked questions.